During a restore operation the SecureAuth Backup Tool will restore the x.509 v3 certificates associated with the installation. If restoration was done on a different SecureAuth IdP Appliance then you will need to assign the proper privileges to the certificate(s) private key. The instructions below will guide you through setting the proper privileges.
Run the Certificate Manager
To view the private key of the certificate you will need to use the Certificate Manager.
Windows Server 2008
Click the Start button, type certmgr.msc into the Search box, and press the Enter key.
Windows Server 2012/2012 R2
From the Desktop, Click the Windows Explorer icon on the Taskbar.
In the address bar type certmgr.msc and press Enter.
Assign the Correct Privileges
1) In the Certificate Console expand the nodes Console Root → Certificates (Local Computer) → Personal → Certificates and right-click the certificate you would like to work with.
2) From the resulting contextual menu choose All Tasks → Manage Private Keys...
3) In the Permissions window under the section Group or user names, highlight the entry Account Unknown, and click the Remove button.
4) In the Select Users or Groups window click the Locations... button and ensure the location is the local machine not the Active Directory Domain.
5) In the Enter the object names to select section type Network Service and click the CheckNames.
SAML Signing Certificate
If this certificate is used as a SAML Signing Certificate you will need to add an additional account. In the Enter the object names to select section type Authenticated Users and click the Check Names button.
6) Review your settings to ensure they are correct and click the OK button to confirm the changes.
7) In the Permissions window under the section Group or user names, highlight the entry NETWORK SERVICE, and uncheck the Allow checkbox next to Full Control. If this is a SAML Signing Certificate repeat the same process with the Authenticated Users entry as well.
8) Review your settings to ensure they are correct and click the OK button to confirm the changes.